Thursday, September 6, 2012

Best of Berlin´s Craigslist 2012

Hats off to you, Honest Man, for the most original Berlin CL personal ad of the year (reproduced in its entirety below).  Just one note: girls and girlfriends are for little boys.  If you want to learn to be a man, you´ll need a real woman to play this game!

Honest man seeks faithless slut - 29
 
Datum: 2012-09-04, 5:17PM CEST

jgnrt-3249189843@pers.craigslist.org

It occurred to me recently that I've been pretty lucky in my past relationships -- not incredibly lucky, mind you, being 29 and single, but lucky enough to have avoided most of the things that people call "relationship drama": infidelity, lying, emotional manipulation, on-again-off-again nonsense, and so on. I've never cheated, never told someone I hate them when I really love them (or vice versa), hardly ever even raised my voice. People who should know tell me that hate sex and revenge sex and things like that are great, but I've never done them and never even been motivated to try. You know, the kinds of relationships that people have in novels and films and things. As a result I kind of feel like I'm missing out on something.

So, if you're the type of girl who thinks escalation is a good solution to conflict and mind games are a good way to get what you want, if you can't resist hurting people to keep them from getting too close, if you're familiar with using your body to get things you want, if the one thing you want above all is attention, if you're incapable of respecting anyone who respects you, if you still sleep with your exes even though you can't stand them, if the path of your love life has been a trail of broken hearts (yours and theirs)...

Be my girlfriend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sí, debo admitir que esta vez me quedó muy bien la charada. Yo mismo estoy muy satisfecho.

Katchita said...

Wracking my brains trying to think who speaks English and Spanish fluently enough to have produced both this comment and the original ad. Scanning the databanks... Searching...

Now I am most certainly intrigued. THANKS for brightening my day with this most unexpected and delicious morsel!

Anonymous said...

Love what you are doing with the blog man!

Anonymous said...

How odd to find my ad reblogged here - and how infinitely odder to find someone pretending in Spanish to have written it. Truth may not be stranger than fiction, but it sure is odd.

Katchita said...

Fascinating!

Anonymous said...

Also, you were essentially correct in your assessment that am not in any way prepared to actually find what it was I am looking for. I don't know what I was thinking.